Adaptive Modular Open Systems Integrator (MOSI)
Adaptive Modular Open Systems Integrator (MOSI) is a robust semantic platform solution for organizing, integrating and analyzing information by semantically capturing and managing the Acquisition and Program Management processes with the technical models and Data capabilities within the DoD communities.
The Adaptive platform is a powerful and scalable platform enabling a Modular Open Systems Approach leveraging the Meta Open Facility (MOF) standards where all the underlying metamodels are fully exposed and connected enabling technical interoperability between technical programs and domains, technical programs and their program offices, and understanding and governance to the acquisition communities.
A MOF based capability leveraged by government and contracting organizations will save hundreds of millions of dollars on an annual basis. The cost savings is achieved by an increase in productivity and reuse and the capability to leverage the existing technologies without having to repurchase new tools and rework and analyze models each time a new contract is initiated. DOD has been struggling for many years to achieve engineering semantic interoperability, but now it can move on achieving conceptual interoperability leveraging machine and artificial intelligence quickly.
The Adaptive MOF Platform connects to key existing and needed capabilities within the DOD’s digital engineering development and integration environments and will improve MBSE capabilities and provide interoperability among technical programs, program offices, and the acquisition processes.
Uses and Benefits
Adaptive Modular Open Systems Integrator (MOSI) is essential for enabling DoD departments to:
- Capture strategic intent and ensure it is understood throughout the departments
- Develop architectures that align business and IT strategies, processes and resources as the foundation for aligned, synchronized and accelerated business transformation.
- Harvest external data sources to semantically capture and maintain up-todate information
Adaptive MOSI is a truly web-based secure application, so is easy to deploy and maintain in large, highly dispersed organizations, providing enterprise-wide access to strategy and architecture models.
The External Influence Architecture is concerned with the context of the organization in focus. It supports the description and analysis of the external environment and in so doing, lays the foundation for defining strategic intent.
The Transformation Program Architecture is concerned with the optimal coordination of both single and parallel projects throughout the organization in the context of strategic intent.
The Strategic Intent Architecture is the organization’s management response to a sometimes-conflicting external demand. It provides direction and sets targets for process.
The Process Architecture covers the consolidation and optimization of the entire business process. It describes the process in terms of inputs, outputs, governance and enablers and tracks timing and life-cycles of primary business objects.
The Organization Architecture is the formal organization structure, as defined by management in pursuit of the strategic intent.
The Governance Architecture strives to create a sense of predictability and accountability by stipulation of different types of governances. e.g. Laws policy, guidelines, standards, best practices etc.
The Performance Architecture is a collection of criteria and metrics indicating process performance, resource economics and the achievement of overall strategic intent.
The Financial Architecture is the framework for recording and tracking Revenue, Cost of Sales, and Expenses.
The Information Technology Architecture reflects the blueprint of information technology with regard to applications, information, platforms and networks in the context of the business process it supports.
The Human Resource Architecture is concerned with the optimum staffing and utilization of skill sets within the organization.
The Physical Asset Architecture tracks physical assets with a major impact on processes and identifies related dependencies.
- New generation of technology
- Addresses entire architectures not just technology/data
- Open/standards-based (MOF)
- Enterprise scalable and manageable
- ‘Best of breed’ integration and transformations architecture
- Generated from views
- Or captured from tools
- Drag & drop semantic modelling capability
- Web at the core
- Not an afterthought
- Not just browsing
- Customizable Workflows to ensure data quality and audits are maintained
- Capture and maintain a shareable knowledge base of relevant information including policies
- Capture objectives, KPI’s and strategies for compliance
- Identify changes to processes and resources required to improve capabilities
- Build a complete view of the organizations and all its critical elements and dependencies
- Capture and integrate models from multiple sources; protect/ harvest investments in existing tools/ models
- Achieve alignment through shared knowledge and collaboration
- Make information relevant to all stages of enterprise architecture planning, and implementation
- Scalable, secure, robust enterprise solution